We offer internships to those who are undergraduates and MBA/advanced degree students. Investment banking offers internships in three key business areas:
- Advisory (Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Industry Teams)
- Debt Capital Markets
- Equity Capital Markets
The magnitude of an Analyst and an Associate's job
Analyst: No job is more important than that of an Analyst. Our client solutions and advice are drawn from the data you analyze, and their success relies entirely on the integrity of the underlying analysis. That's why we ask much more of you than simply running numbers; we expect you to read the numbers, to understand the story they tell, to identify trends and patterns - and to speak up if you see a better way. You need to be able to deconstruct and reconstruct the numbers and understand how they all fit together.
Associate: Summer Associates also work as integral members of a business team, participating in live transactions and working closely with experienced senior professionals. During your internship, you will work closely with a program manager who will offer guidance and feedback throughout. This is your chance to meet the people who make J.P. Morgan a success, to experience our unique culture and to learn about our full-time opportunities. You will attend social events and other networking opportunities. And remember - our Summer Associates are the primary candidates for our full-time program. Wouldn't it be great to go back to school with a job offer in your pocket.
As a Summer Analyst, specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- performing financial valuation, discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- building and using financial models
- preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- conducting industry and product research
- executing client transactions from start to closing
As a Summer Associate, specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- partnering and coordinating with industry and product teams, Legal and Compliance departments with development of innovative client solutions
- performing financial analysis and modeling and making strategic recommendations
- conducting industry and product research and synthesizing key insights
- leading development and preparation of client presentation materials
- managing execution of day-to-day activities surrounding "live" transactions
Can you do this?
It's all about teamwork coupled with individual flair. There are personal qualities and core skills that are key requirements for a role in Investment Banking. We seek highly motivated, results-driven, creative individuals who can generate ideas and execute them successfully. Our candidates have strong entrepreneurial, analytical, quantitative, communication and client relations skills.
A genuine interest in financial markets is essential, and you will also require a proven academic performance and the ability to demonstrate solid numerical and analytical skills. Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in one or more Asian languages would be advantageous. Diversity is essential within the Investment Banking division, which is why we recruit from different backgrounds and many degree disciplines.
How to apply?
Please refer to our How to Apply page for specific deadlines and application details.