Our internship and placement
Seeing new places. Forming new friendships. Doing exciting things. Sounds like the perfect vacation, doesn't it? It is - if you spend time with us.
Winter internships in Australia usually last about three to four weeks in July. The below opportunities are available in 2014:
- Investment Banking: Find ways to help companies solve problems by raising capital or shaping corporate strategy while you provide expertise to clients around the world. Through the intensive winter internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest bankers, assist in performing financial valuation and take part in industry or product research.
- Equities Research: Show our clients how to gain a competitive edge where they do business locally. Evaluate investment merits of issuers and get practical exposure to markets. When you join our winter internship program, you’ll be working with some of our research analysts to help produce research reports. Through exposure to the financial markets, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of specific industries and trends.
Application for winter internship opens from April 1 to May 1, 2014.
Our summer internship program typically lasts eight to ten weeks and the timeline varies across countries in Asia Pacific:
- Singapore (local schools): May to July
- Australia: December to January
- India: April to June
- All other countries: June to August
Opportunities for undergraduates
Take advantage of an approximately eight to ten-week undergraduate internship and you'll have the ideal opportunity to discover what life is like inside a large financial institution like J.P. Morgan. Right from day one, you'll be given detailed induction training and then we'll show you to your desk. You'll be at the centre of things, sitting next to some of the finest minds in the industry. So go ahead and ask whatever questions you want, we're here to help you get the most out of your internship.
You'll also experience the many lively social events that help to bond us together - and that will help you build a personal and professional network of peers, colleagues and senior management.
Opportunities for MBAs
If you have (or are studying towards) an MBA, there are a few things we know about you without actually having had the pleasure of meeting you. We know that you're ambitious. And we know that you've taken the time and money to invest in your future.
In your internship at J.P. Morgan, we'll take the skills and theory you've learnt from your MBA and transfer them to the real world of investment banking. You'll enjoy real responsibilities from day one and will work with many of the finest people in the industry. Which is exactly what we expect you to become in the not-too-distant future.
The training and development programs are world class. The people you'll work alongside will develop and support you.
Over the course of your internship, you'll also experience many lively social events, and have every opportunity to develop a network of new friends and future colleagues - as well as making yourself known to senior management.
Your future career is a big decision. For you, and for us. An internship can help ensure we all make the right one - and we usually offer full-time roles to our interns.
We normally begin recruiting for summer interns in September (March for Australia) and winter interns for Australia in April. We schedule a series of career events, so check out our Events Calendar and make sure you attend. The speakers will introduce you to what you can expect from your internship with us - the work, our culture and how we'll make the most of your ambitions.
The recruiting schedule varies from country to country; so please note the specified deadline for the country you are applying to. Go to our How to Apply page for specific deadlines and application details.
Before you apply, find out what our people have to say about a career in J.P. Morgan by reading our Employees Profiles. You’ll also get to know the kind of people that you’ll be working with in different business areas.
Be sure to visit our Advice Center. You'll find answers to frequently asked questions, advice on making the right choice and preparing for an interview.
For opportunities in Japan, please refer to the careers website for Japan.