Investment Banking recruits interns for four key business areas:
Capital Markets (Debt and Equity)
- Leveraged Finance
Pan-European Industry Sector
Read about these product and industry groups in our Business Areas section.
Whichever area you're hired into, there will be common themes to the work, and your time will be balanced between marketing and executing transactions, while drawing on the firm's broad range of global resources and senior expertise.
The internship starts with a week of intense training provided by J.P. Morgan Investment Bankers and external providers. Equipped with the relevant theoretical knowledge, you'll then join your assigned team where you can expect to:
Carry out in-depth company and industry research
Analyse data and draw financial and strategic conclusions from your work
Present results to your team creatively and persuasively, ready to clarify and debate any given aspect with confidence
Working in small teams alongside senior J.P. Morgan professionals and clients, you'll absorb a vast amount of industry, country and product knowledge. The experience and accessibility of everyone around you will make the whole process happen at a phenomenal rate.
Our summer internship programme runs for ten weeks from June to August.
If you are flexible with your availability, an autumn or spring Investment Banking internship could be for you. These programmes do not have specific language requirements. With all the advantages of the summer programme, these internships last for ten weeks.
London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Istanbul, Brussels, Moscow.
- Applications now closed. 2015 programme deadline TBD.
If you decide that an internship in Investment Banking is for you, the next step is to submit an online application form. But what happens then? How many steps will there be in the application process? Who will review your application and conduct the interviews? Find the answers to these questions in our step-by-step guide to the Investment Banking internship application and interview process.
- We recruit from all academic disciplines.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
- We’re looking for team players and future leaders with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.