Investment Banking recruits interns for five key business areas:
Capital Markets (Debt and Equity)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisition & Leverage Finance
Pan-European Industry Sector
UK Product & Industry Coverage (J.P. Morgan Cazenove)
Read about these product and industry groups in our Business Areas section.
Whichever area you're hired into, there will be common themes to the work, and your time will be balanced between marketing and executing transactions, while drawing on the firm's broad range of global resources and senior expertise.
The internship starts with a week of intense training provided by J.P. Morgan Investment Bankers and external providers. Equipped with the relevant theoretical knowledge, you'll then join your assigned team where you can expect to:
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies including discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, trading comparables, and transaction comparables
- Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyse the impacts of various capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Participate in all stages of transaction executions, from the pitch phase through to closing
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Investment Bank
Carry out in-depth company and industry research
Present results to your team creatively and persuasively, ready to clarify and debate any given aspect with confidence
Working in small teams alongside senior J.P. Morgan professionals and clients, you'll absorb a vast amount of industry, country and product knowledge. The experience and accessibility of everyone around you will make the whole process happen at a phenomenal rate.
We offer various Investment Banking internship programmes. Our summer internship flagship programme runs for ten weeks from June to September.
If you are flexible with your availability, a spring Investment Banking internship or long-term internship could be for you.
Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Johannesburg, London, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris, Tel Aviv, Warsaw
Based on the programme, students must meet the following requirements:
2015 Investment Banking Summer Internship: Penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2016
2015 Investment Banking Spring Internship: Final-year university student, or recent graduate, eligible to start full-time in June 2015
2015 Investment Banking Off-Cycle Internship: Penultimate and/or final-year university student, depending on the specific time of year. Please refer to the job descriptions in the Application Centre for more information
- We recruit from all academic disciplines
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication)
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others
- We’re looking for team players and future leaders with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom