Give-It-Away Organizations - Europe
Congratulations to this year's Europe Give-It-Away donation recipient Frateli!
Frateli’s mission is to develop talented students from underprivileged backgrounds through connecting them with young professionals, and in turn improving their learning methods, self-confidence, leadership abilities and career opportunities. Countless young people have benefited from this mentorship, and Frateli has been recognized as a ‘high impact institution’ in France, the country within which it is based.
After 10 years of practice, Frateli now wants to expand its impact in Europe. Should Frateli win the Give-It-Away donation of $25,000, they will use the funds to help launch their operations with a local team in another European country, helping even more young people reach their potential.
Thank you to The Timewise Foundation and The Young Foundation for participating in this year's Give-It-Away program. Read more about their missions below.
For a Fairer Society
- We believe inequality undermines us. Its destructive power pervades our lives, leaving its mark on our communities, relationships, aspirations and self-worth.
- We believe collectively we have the power to shape the societies and communities we want to live in.
- We will create new movements, institutions and companies that empower people to lead happier and more meaningful lives.
- We will work with the public, private and third sectors to strengthen their positive impact on communities.
- We will work to build a more equal and just society, where each individual can be fulfilled on their own terms.
Join us. We are The Young Foundation.
For more information, please visit http://youngfoundation.org
Q. Which minority is most discriminated against in the UK job market?
A. Mothers. And that’s a fact.
Girls do as well as boys at school, at university, and in their early careers. They are encouraged to pursue their dreams and use their talents. But as soon as a woman has a child, her career prospects slip away. The single biggest reason is lack of flexible job opportunities to fit with raising a family.
The Timewise Foundation drives workplace change so that women are not penalised for having children.
- We work with top employers to encourage career progression through flexible working, right up to board level, so that women can ‘break the glass ceiling’.
- And we support mothers from underprivileged backgrounds, helping them find part time jobs that lift them out of poverty whilst allowing them time to raise their children.
Please vote for us.
For more information visit http://timewisefoundation.org.uk/blog/