Louisiana Smart Start Program
The Louisiana Smart Start Scholarship Program was established in 2005 as part of our commitment to the Louisiana Community. This program demonstrates our commitment to providing opportunities to African Americans/Blacks and to building communities through education. Each year, selected high school graduating seniors receive a full tuition scholarship to any 4-year college/university within Louisiana. In addition, the students are provided yearly funds for books and supplies, a support network, and career planning.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- Students must be African American/Black
- Graduating seniors from Louisiana high schools who are Louisiana residents
- Students must be accepted to a Louisiana 4-year college/university as a full-time student
- Candidates for this program must have a minimum of a B average and a minimum ACT score of 21
- Legal dependents of JPMorgan Chase employees are not eligible
What Qualifications must a Student Possess?
- Financial Need based on expected family contribution
- Academic Achievement
- Communication Skills
- Ability to balance numerous priorities
What does the scholarship include?
- A full tuition scholarship for four years (eight consecutive semesters) towards an undergraduate degree (while maintaining 2.7 GPA for freshman year and 3.0 thereafter)
- Yearly stipend for books and supplies
- Support networks including peer advisors and Smart Start Program Management
How are students selected?
Students apply to the Louisiana Smart Start Scholarship Program by completing an application
form, which includes:
- School records
- ACT/SAT scores
- Academic and personal recommendations
- Essays, extra curricular activities and demonstrated leadership
- Financial Aid Form
(Note: Without any of these documents, your application will be disqualified.)
Applications must be submitted by January 30, 2015 using one of the following options:
Applications will be active starting November 1, 2014.
- Go to: http://aim.applyists.net/LouisianaSmartStart
- To initiate your session, scroll to the bottom and select "Apply Now"
- You will be prompted to create an account if you have not previously submitted a scholarship application through this site
- If you require a downloadable application please visit: Application Download.
For FAQ please visit: Frequently Asked Questions.
Application deadline is January 30, 2015. Applications are initially screened by the Scholarship and Recognition Program. Finalists are then interviewed by a selection committee at the firm. Scholarship decisions for the Smart Start recipients will be announced end of April.