Corporate Client Banking
Working with a diverse client base to leverage the breadth of J.P. Morgan’s product suite, Corporate Client Banking (CCB) provides a unique opportunity to work across businesses and gain a deeper understanding of the firm. The diversity of exposure you will receive as a Summer Analyst with Corporate Client Banking will set you up for a successful full-time career.As a key member of the team, you will be expected to make a personal impact right from the start. After orientation and training, you will benefit from on-the-job experiences and networking opportunities, while handling real responsibilities throughout your summer internship. We hire most of our full-time Analysts from the pool of Summer Analysts, so you may find yourself returning to school with a full-time offer.
The magnitude of a Summer Analyst's job
As a Summer Analyst, you will work alongside our professionals and see how the corporate banking business really works. You will play an integral role on the deal teams, developing financing solutions for our clients and leveraging the breadth of J.P. Morgan’s leading capital markets platform. Additionally, you will gain exposure into how we view credit analysis and see the partnership that CCB coordinates across Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Treasury Services, Asset Management and other businesses on behalf of our clients. Summer Analysts are typically based in New York, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles.
Responsibility from the start
As a Corporate Client Banking Summer Analyst, you will:
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials for use in client meetings and transaction execution, covering topics such as financing alternatives, capital markets activity, capital structure advice, treasury services, and derivatives
- Participate in all stages of a syndicated and leveraged finance deal cycle, from the pitch phase through execution
- Build and maintain financial models to evaluate creditworthiness of a client and the impact of various capital structures
- Perform financial and credit analyses on our clients and prospects
- Conduct industry research and comparables analysis relevant to our client base
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members and product partners across Commercial Banking and the Corporate and Investment Bank
Training and development
You'll experience world-class, hands-on training – both during orientation and throughout your internship. The summer internship starts with a five-day orientation program in New York, where you'll get a crash course in investment banking, micro and macroeconomics, accounting, modeling, global markets and industries, and more. You will learn how to analyze financial statements and evaluate companies. You will develop an appreciation for the firm’s culture and strategy as a result of interactions with senior executives during training.
Over the course of the summer, you'll gain skills that will stay with you throughout your entire career. You'll create a deep professional network with other Summer Analysts and more senior colleagues, both within and outside of Corporate Client Banking.