Our Finance team is renowned for maintaining well-managed risk across fluctuating market conditions. Rigorous accounting standards, transparent reporting and first-rate information management allow us to deliver quality, recurring and predictable earnings. By maintaining a fortress balance sheet, we are always confident of our reserves and capital ratios. Joining the Finance team at the firm positions you as a strategic partner in our business.
Impact from day one
Working alongside experienced colleagues, you’ll have exposure to finance in every one of our business areas and functions. As well as analyzing results, you’ll have the chance to offer insights across performance, strategy, control issues and operating models. In doing so, you’ll see just how varied, challenging and intellectually-inspiring a career with us can be.
Outlined below are samples of opportunities offered by our program, designed to increase your understanding of finance and develop you into an active contributor to the firm.
- Financial Analysis: Responsible for internal and external data gathering, analysis, reporting, financial budgeting or forecasting. Individuals work directly with information creating meaningful analysis, reports, management presentations, and strategy documents in support of a client, business or function, senior management or external requirements.
- Business Management: A business manager optimizes business performances by helping to drive key initiatives. They act as a trusted advisor and counterweight to Business/Group Heads and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks.
- Program Management: Responsible for single or multiple programs or projects on a full time basis. Programs are large scale and can be for single line of business (LOB)/function or cross LOB/function. The Program Management Office is designed to drive a more efficient, integrated operating model and technology infrastructure framework for global finance in partnership with Operations, Technology, Risk and all LOB finance teams. They oversee and drive firm-wide initiatives, define and implement Program Management frameworks, and drive cross-LOB agendas for implementation of new pronouncements and policies.
Learn from the best – training and development
First, you’ll have orientation, including training sessions. This will bring you up to speed with J.P. Morgan’s history, the scale and scope of our organization today and our ambitious plans for tomorrow. From there, you’ll join a team and make a real contribution in Finance, where we combine sophisticated performance measurement and analysis to ensure strong financial discipline throughout the firm.
And on-the-job training is only part of what we offer. You’ll also have your very own mentor to advise and support you throughout the program. And you’ll be invited to our speaker series and a whole host of other interesting events. Which means you’ll have the chance to meet colleagues – including senior leaders – from across the firm, and start building your professional network before you even graduate. You may also have the opportunity to join us full-time after successful completion of the program.
What you'll need to bring – the qualities we look for
A real passion for finance. First-rate analytical skills. The ability to work under pressure and thrive in a team. Clearly, these are all qualities you need to succeed here. With a GPA of at least 3.2, you should be graduating between December 2015 and June 2016.Additional requirements include:
- Finance, Accounting or Economics majors preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, as well as internal and external reporting and variance analysis
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- All candidates must have eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
But, beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.