Our Finance professionals are at the core of virtually every aspect of our business. Renowned for maintaining well-managed risk across fluctuating market conditions, rigorous accounting standards, transparent reporting and first-rate information management, our Finance team allows us to deliver quality, recurring and predictable earnings. It’s an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential.
Magnitude of a Summer Analyst's job
Leadership is at the core of the summer Finance Analyst Development Program, as it is designed to attract, develop and retain professionals who share our passion for instituting meaningful change and powerful financial results for the firm. The summer program serves as the primary pipeline for the full-time rotational program. As a summer Finance Analyst, you will receive firsthand experience working as an integral member of a Finance team in one of our major lines of business – Asset Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer & Community Banking, the Corporate & Investment Bank, or in a corporate function such as Corporate Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Corporate Finance Analytics, Investor Relations and Controllers. This is a chance to not only sharpen your technical and analytical skills, but to also work alongside a team of professionals that add value to our organization through cost savings, more efficient operations and by making it possible for our business lines to capitalize on new opportunities.
Responsibility from the start
As part of our Summer Finance Analyst Development Program, you will support corporate and line of business functions from the start, through reporting and analyzing data, projecting profitability and return on investment, making recommendations and presenting to managers as well as assisting in financial operations. During the 10-week program, you will work closely with experienced professionals in a diverse work environment and have the chance to make real contributions to our business results.
Summer Finance Analyst responsibilities may include:
Accounting, Reporting & Control: Request, consolidate, analyze, validate and report financial data while adhering to internal control standards; ensure overall integrity and validity of financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; work to enhance the efficiency and control of the financial reporting process; work on external filings and press releases.
Planning and Analysis: Internally report monthly or quarterly financial results, including preparing presentations for senior management; analyze business reasons behind results; forecast financial results for future periods; prepare future years’ budgets.
- Business Management: Analyze client information, market data and competitor positioning for senior management; work on project execution; conduct strategic analysis by leveraging business knowledge, technical analysis and modeling skills to provide strategic insights.
- Treasury / Balance Sheet: Work on managing the firm's liquidity and capital positions, establishing funds transfer pricing policy, analyzing the firm's line of business and consolidated earnings at risk, executing the firm's securitization programs and managing the firm's relationships with rating agencies and fixed income investors.
Training and development
Our summer Finance Analysts participate in a series of activities that provide the opportunity to learn about areas of the firm, corporate strategies and business challenges. The program offers various learning opportunities, presentations by senior business leaders, community service events and networking events with mentors, managers and current full-time Finance Analysts.
What we look for
- Expected graduation date between December 2014 and June 2015
- GPA of 3.5 or above preferred
- Finance, Accounting or Economics majors preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting and variance analysis
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access