Our Investment Banking summer internship program sets you up for a successful full-time career. As a Summer Analyst, you will have an extraordinary opportunity to see what investment banking at J.P. Morgan is really all about. We hire most of our full-time Analysts from the pool of Summer Analysts, so you may find yourself returning to school with a full-time offer in your pocket. As a key member of the team, you are expected to make a personal impact right from the start. After orientation and training, you will learn more from on-the-job experiences and networking opportunities, while working on the biggest deals in investment banking and handling real responsibilities throughout your internship.
The magnitude of a Summer Analyst's job
As a member of a team, you will have day-to-day contact with senior professionals, clients and the firm's Capital Markets teams. You will gain exposure to other groups through networking and group learning activities.
You will join us in our industry or product groups. No matter what team you join, you can expect exposure to senior clients and major deals early on in your career. Our client solutions and advice are drawn from the data you analyze, and their success relies entirely on the integrity of the underlying analysis. That's why we ask much more of you than simply running numbers; we expect you to read the numbers, to understand the story they tell, to identify trends and patterns, and to speak up if you have new ideas or a different perspective. You need to be able to deconstruct and reconstruct the numbers and understand how they all fit together.
Responsibility from the start
As an Investment Banking Summer Analyst, you will:
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies including discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, trading comparables, and transaction comparables
- Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of various capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Participate in all stages of transaction executions, from the pitch phase through to closing
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Investment Bank
Training and development
World-class, hands-on training will be provided – both during orientation and throughout your internship. The summer internship starts with a week-long orientation program. Investment Banking Summer Analysts get a crash course in Investment Banking, micro and macroeconomics, accounting, modeling, global markets and industries, and that's just for starters. You will leave with the ability to tear apart financial statements, evaluate companies and assess management. These abilities will stay with you forever, inside and outside of the Investment Bank. You will also create a deep professional network with other Summer Analysts and more senior colleagues. You will work hard and learn a lot, and it will be worth it.
Learn more about our outstanding training programs for Summer Analysts.
Applications for 2015 programs are now closed.