Big tech, local good: Using Tech for Social Good worldwide
At JPMorgan Chase, we believe in the power of our people and technology to lift up communities around the globe.
We employ more than 50,000 technologists across 21 centers and invest $12 billion+ annually in tech and innovation to support our clients in 100 countries. We empower our tech talent to work on projects that use their unique skills to make a positive impact.
10 Years of Using Tech for Social Good
Since the launch of Tech for Social Good 10 years ago, our global teams have shown that technology skills put to work in service of humanity can have a tremendous positive impact on the people in communities where we live and work from crayon to career..
- 780 nonprofits helped over the 10 years
- 1,300+ projects to serve social good organizations
- 425K+ hours volunteered by over 12K+ employees in 10 years
Here's how they’ve done it:
1. Inspiring tomorrow’s tech stars: Youth Programs
We help address the tech skills gap through education, coding and mentorship opportunities for youth under age 18, to spark their interest in computer science and technology careers.
- 27,000+ youth engaged in STEM in 2020
- 8,000+ parents reached over the last 10 years
- 74,000+ youth reached over the last 10 years
- 450 employee volunteers across youth programs in 2020
2. Hacking the future: Code for Good
We host hackathons at our global technology centers and virtually for students to work side by side with our employees, using their skills to build technology that helps social good organizations better serve their constituents.
- 82 Code for Good events in 18 cities across the globe
- 4,000+ cups of coffee consumed
- 175 social good organizations
- 1,900+ hours spent coding
- 50,000+ students reached through sponsored hackathons
3. Dedication to innovation: Force for Good
We pair tech employees with social good organizations to design and build sustainable solutions to advance their missions.
- 4,900+ employees engaged
- 1 million+ lives impacted annually
- 275,000 hours contributed
- 550+ solutions delivered for projects around the world
4. Providing Opportunity to Talent Everywhere: Emerging Talent
We help to create opportunities and alternative career pathways for individuals who are often underrepresented in traditional talent pipelines.
- 276 tech hires through emerging talent programs in 2020
Engineer your career at jpmorganchase.com/techcareers