Please update your browser.
Creating the next generation of diverse tech leaders
We’re committed to hiring diverse candidates from all different backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking to help those underrepresented in technology gain the right skills to join our team. Our multi-week intensive Java training will start your career in technology. If you have a passion for innovation, technology and financial services, this program will help you develop into an industry-leading professional. Because we’re looking for those with fresh perspectives, your ideas and experiences will be valued from the beginning.
Learn more about Tech Connect
Hear from our people
At JPMorgan Chase, our people are our greatest assets and their creativity, thinking, and diverse backgrounds are what drive our firm’s success. Read about our employee’s unique stories and motivations in joining us and what they’ve experienced personally at the firm.
We offer a range of opportunities for our software engineers.
Explore potential roles below.
Gain knowledge and expertise across the entire software stack, from the user interface layer all the way to the database layer. As a full stack developer, you will:
- Design and develop resilient and scalable software solutions for Hybrid environments (Private cloud, Public cloud, On-Premises, Mobile, Desktop)
- Incorporate non-functional requirements including Telemetry, Monitoring, Alerting, Log Aggregate into Software solution
- Work with technology stacks including: Node.Js, Python, Java, .Net, React, Angular, MySQL, NoSQL, Relational Databases (Oracle, SQLServer)
Some sample projects you might work on as a full stack developer:
- Deliver an automation platform to extract metadata from documents leveraging Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning capabilities for the Wholesale Payments business
- Integrate java-based features with modern APIs and cloud native environments to support JPMorgan Chase's 5k+ retail branches and 17k+ ATMs across the U.S.
Dive into server-side application logic and integration of the front-end developer's output. Back-end developers usually write the web services and APIs used by front-end and mobile application developers. As a back-end developer, you will:
- Get exposure to database management technologies forming part of the app being developed
- Build Microservices using design patterns, consume or create REST and SOAP Services
- Implement standard authentication techniques like ADFS to protect the back-end services
- Work with technology stacks including: Node.Js, Python, Java, MySQL, Cockroach DB, Oracle DB, Cassandra, Microsoft SQL, Django, Spring Boot
Some sample projects you might work on as a back-end developer:
- Build a best-in-class Electronic Trading platform for the Rates and Emerging Markets business lines in the Investment Bank
- Develop new Digital platforms and APIs to enhance the end-to-end client experiences for Chase business card customers
Enhance user experiences by building websites, web applications or even focusing on mobile web development. As a front-end developer, you will:
- Develop and deploy services on public and private cloud infrastructure using standard CI/CD pipeline
- Work on all required elements of design/UI/UX
- Implement authentication techniques like ADFS to protect the back-end services (Oauth2, ADFC Authentication)
- Work with technology stacks including: Angular, ReactJS, Jquery, Responsive Design, Intellij, Visual Studio Code, Postman, Android Studio, Docker
Some sample projects you might work on as a front-end developer:
- Design innovative customer-facing user experience at an enterprise level for the bank’s commercial clients using React and Angular
- Build responsive web and Android applications for the retail branch bankers to accelerate digital adoption by delivering a seamless customer experience
Engineer security solutions, leverage cutting edge technology and next generation tools to protect JPMorgan Chase’s people, clients, and assets. Build solutions to automate the search for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware/software or integrate with vendor tools to manage and monitor attacks and intrusions. As a cybersecurity developer, you will:
- Build solutions for software, endpoint, network, data, or web security
- Develop tooling for security analysts such as log analytics, security detections, and forensic analysis
- Continuously evaluate and use new technologies to improve security capabilities and implement enhancements
- Work with technology stacks including: Java, Python, C#/.NET, CSS3, HTML5, React, Angular, Databases (relational/non-relational)
Some sample projects you might work on as a cybersecurity developer:
- Develop complex platforms that are deployed in public and private cloud environments to meet the ever-increasing needs of the bank's cyber defense capabilities
- Implement an attack simulation tool and integrating it into JPMorgan Chase’s vulnerability management ecosystem
Develop large-scale infrastructure solutions and cloud platforms spanning on premise and public providers that support JPMorgan Chase’s diverse and critical businesses. As an infrastructure developer, you will:
- Design, Develop, & Operate solutions for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)/Infrastructure as Code (IAC) platform
- Develop CI/CD systems, private cloud infrastructure and secure integration with public cloud infrastructure
- Build solutions that support app security and auditability
- Work with technology stacks including: Java, Python, MySQL, Cockroach Database, Microsoft SQL, Kafka, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Cloud Formation, Terraform
Some sample projects you might work on as a infrastructure developer:
- Engineer solutions to enhance infrastructure services such as Virtual Machines and Storage that run applications to support JPMorgan Chase’s diverse and critical businesses
- Develop applications to build modern private cloud storage platforms for all consumers of storage infrastructure at the firm
Apply software engineering skills and mindset to the operation of applications and infrastructure to ensure the availability, reliability, security and performance of our products. SREs use software engineering and systems skills in combination with the latest cloud platforms, CI/CD, telemetry, and automation tooling to achieve our goals. As a site reliability engineer, you will:
- Use observability tools to improve detection of degraded service availability and performance
- Analyze availability and performance data to identify trends and detect problems
- Work on front-end & back-end code with the development team to ensure observability & patterns are met
- Work with technology stacks including: Java, Python, C++, Go, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry, Ansible, Puppet, Selenium, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Jaeger, Splunk, Grafana
Some sample projects you might work on as a site reliability engineer:
- Develop software automation and stability tools built around a Big Data reservoir system to improve the production support experience
- Build resiliency and stability of products tools to accelerate the adoption of native cloud technologies and enhance the customer experience
Who we are
At JPMorgan Chase, we work with the most advanced tools and technology available in financial services today.
But, ultimately, it’s our people who make us successful. Coming from a wide and surprising range of
backgrounds, we’re working together to provide the best solutions and services to our customers.
Victoria, Tech Connect 2018
Ciudad Autonoma Buenos Aires, Argentina
I joined Tech Connect in 2018 as a recent Industrial Engineering graduate student, and now, I’m working as a Senior Associate Software Engineer and Tech Lead – managing a 4-person team in Buenos Aires. I work on the backend, helping develop a web application in Investment Banking, to simplify Application Owners and Managers’ action items. We support their commitments by centralizing what they need to do.
Tech Connect is not only a coding program, but a diverse community that supports and empowers you at any stage of your career, regardless of your background. My team welcomed me and has provided opportunities to continue learning and growing.
Jacorey, Tech Connect 2019
While studying pre-med in college, I fell in love with technology. Tech Connect provided me with the opportunity to gain industry experience and learn computer programming fundamentals. The program gave me the initial confidence I needed to program in a "greenfield" codebase, and it has increased with support from existing team members and adding production level code to the applications. Since then, I have transformed into a persevering idealist and have developed genuine relationships while being the change that I want to see.
Currently, I am a full-stack Software Engineer in the Digital Investment Banking group. I support platforms that serve as a tool for investment bankers; the dashboards are built in reactJS and Java.
Shohan, Tech Connect 2019
I was diagnosed with a hearing disorder when I was six months old and never wanted my disability to diminish my dreams. In 2019, I was accepted into Tech Connect, and felt that everything I had worked so hard for since I was a child had led me to this amazing opportunity. Tech Connect has helped me immensely by providing Java and SQL technical training and prepared me for a smooth transition into the workplace.
When I first joined my team, I was assigned small, achievable objectives and given feedback with action items to help me improve. When I was struggling, I was introduced to mentors to help me learn and move forward. Now as a Software Engineer in Payments technology, I consider Tech Connect one of the most impactful learning experiences of my life.
Hayley, Tech Connect 2016
After completing my Mathematics degree, Tech Connect gave me the confidence and core programming skills required to successfully integrate and excel within my roles at J.P Morgan. Currently I am a full-stack Software Engineer in the Tax Reporting team and co-lead a women in Technology initiative that has provided hundreds of women in Bournemouth with community and training to help them thrive in their careers.
Verena, Tech Connect 2018
New York City, New York
I joined Tech Connect after graduating with a Masters in Information Science. The coaching and support from the program’s instructors helped me transform my programming skills, while providing me with a network of like-minded professionals as I kick-started my career. As a result, I was able to hit the ground running and embrace leadership opportunities as they arose.
I am now a Software Engineer within the Credit e-Trading space, where we create and maintain trading software. My day-to-day includes a mixture of developing applications, collaborating with stakeholders, and mentoring new talent.
Cameron, Tech Connect 2021
J.P Morgan, Corporate & Investment Bank
I joined Tech Connect in 2021 as a recent British Army veteran and was lucky enough to be one of three veterans selected to participate in the first ever Military Technical Pathway program. Tech Connect gave me the programming skills to match my military problem-solving mindset and has enabled me to build a fantastic career along the way!
Where we work
Our presence in over 100 markets around the globe means we can serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.